Time: 30 minutes
The goal is to get about 24 golf-ball sized meatballs.
1 lb. ground beef
2 large eggs
1 cup bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
8 tbs. flat-leaf Italian parsley, finely chopped
1-½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together the ground beef, eggs, and bread crumbs.
- Mix in the garlic, parsley, and Parmigiano.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Form the ground beef mixture into golf-ball size balls.
- Heat a large sauté pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan to a depth of about 1/4 inch.
- Add several meatballs and sauté, regulating the heat if necessary to avoid excessive spattering.
- The meatballs are done when they’re brown all over and have a slight crust.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat until all meatballs are done. Reserve for the Timpano.